The Top 50 Kids Teacher Award honors dedicated golf professionals who have proven success in developing youth programs in their communities. These professionals bring knowledge, passion, energy and organization to their programs. They have been successful in engaging and retaining young golfers in the game by infusing their programs with fun while simultaneously providing a structured set of goals, objectives and rewards.
Top 50 Kids Teacher Selection Criteria
Award winners are selected based on the following:
- Depth of experience coaching youth, especially those players 12 and under.
- Percentage of coaching time spent with youth, focusing on players 12 and under.
- Current status as a USKG Certified Coach.
- Use of USKG curriculum and success in advancing young players through all three levels of the USKG Learning Program.
- Time spent on course during instruction and availability of Family Course or Forward Tees for program participants.
- Fun and creativity in program.
- Communication with, and involvement, of parents.
- Clearly defined mission statement/objectives for your youth program and how it aligns with the USKG mission —“To help kids learn the lifelong game of golf and to encourage family interaction that builds lasting memories.”